Emory University’s Senate Diversity Committee, in conjunction with the Office of Community and Diversity, is proud to announce the development of diversity.emory.edu, a top-level pilot web portal for diversity-related content at Emory.
The site is structured as a window into a constantly evolving database of entries about Emory diversity events, resources, news, and stories. As a clearinghouse for all the considerable effort that takes place on Emory’s campus with regard to diversity, the site will:
- Help more people easily discover all the amazing work that is being done with regard to diversity throughout the University as a whole;
- Raise awareness and increase accessibility of the resources particular programs or organizations provide;
- Facilitate collaborative efforts among diversity programs and organizations.
We are currently in an information-gathering phase regarding diversity organizations and need your help. Please fill out our web form to be included in this diversity portal. Please click here to fill out the form.
Submissions are judged on the following criteria:
- Overall impact of the project
- How innovative the project is
- Extent to which the case study serves as a model for others
- Clarity and coherence of the writing
- One complimentary conference pass to the AASHE 2012 Conference, where the award will be presented.
- One invitation to a VIP reception during the AASHE 2012 Conference.
- Inclusion in a feature piece on the awards in Sustainability: The Journal of Record.
In an effort to unify online announcements, news and events related to campus diversity, Emory’s Senate Diversity Committee has launched a new website in collaboration with the Office of Community and Diversity.
The site went online during the summer but will be officially and formally unveiled at a reception later this month, according to Heather Dash, communications coordinator for campus life technology and communications co-chair of the Senate Diversity Committee. The website is located at www.diversity.emory.edu. Click here to read the full article.
CNN DIALOGUES is a community forum that aims to highlight diverse ideas and perspectives on the most significant issues and events shaping our time. It is a place where we address shared challenges and concerns to foster a dialogue of learning, understanding and hope.
It’s mission is to come together to analyze and reflect on everything from the arts to the economy, from human rights to health and sexuality. The topics are limitless. They will explore how global events have local impact; and how having a dialogue that bridges our differences will help us collaborate to create solutions and opportunities for a shared future. More…
CNN Dialogues will take place in various venues around Atlanta, the capital of the South and a city of change